Monday 14 May 2012

time for tea!

Today is Lollipop's 1st birthday, so yesterday we had a tea party for the family. This meant I spent a joyful morning making sandwiches and tarts and stringing bunting round the house. Then I had to take a photo before everyone arrived and spoiled the pretty picture I had created of my house!


It was a lovely day, the weather was beautiful so we were able to go out in the garden and the children really enjoyed themselves. I think Lollipop herself was a bit bemused but she definitely enjoyed her cake- my standard birthday 'sweetie cake'- a victoria sponge covered in butter icing and sweets!

I felt tired today- the normal Monday struggle to get through the day, but this evening I went for a run round our local reservoirs in the sunshine and took pleasure in the beautiful scenery and my own thoughts in my head (rather than the voices of 4 children vying for my attention!)

Which reminds me, I found this article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/3527073/Mothers-need-me-time-too.html which pretty much sums up how I feel at the moment......

No comments:

Post a Comment